Sydney: New South Books, 2016. Octavo, paperback, BRAND NEW.
The annual collection celebrating the finest voices in Australian science writing. From the furthest reaches of the universe to the microscopic world of our genes, science offers writers the kind of scope other subjects simply can't match. Good writing about science can be moving, funny, exhilarating or poetic, but it will always be honest and rigorous about the research that underlies it. Now in its sixth year, The Best Australian Science Writing 2016 brings together knowledge and insightfrom Australia's brightest thinkers as they explore the intricacies of the world around us. This livelycollection of essays covers a wide range of subjects, and challenges our persceptions of the world andhow we exist within it.
* The forest at the edge of time by Ashley Hay
* Built for eternity by Elmo Keep
* Be afraid of the known unknowns by William Laurance
* Reality cannot be denied by Peter Doherty
* Pluto and the human gaze by Alice Gorman
* Every lizard counts by Nicole Gill
* Germ warfare by Karen Hitchcock
* Swept up in a gravitational wave by Ling Sun
* Slippery migrants by James Bradley
* Transforming the bush by Paul Daley.
Price: $30.00 AU