London: Zoological Society of London, 1903. Quarto, three plates, including one chromolithograph of the Okapi. Binder's cloth, two small library stamps including one on the title page, corners of pages creased and crushed.
The full volume of Transaction of the Zoological Society of London, volume 16, with the following papers.
1. Howes, G. L. and H. H. Swinerton. On the development of the skeleton of the Tuatara, Sphenodon punctatus; with remarks on the egg, on the hatching, and on the hatched young. pp. 1-86 plates 1-6.
2. Beddard, Frank. Contribution towards a knowledge of the osteology of the Pigmy Whale (Neobalaena marginata). pp. 87-114 plates 7-9 (including one double page).
3. Budgett, J. S. On the breeding habits of some West-African fishes, with an account of the xxternal features in development of Protopterus annectens, and a description of the larva of Polypterus lapraclei. pp. 115-136 plates 10-11.
4. Boulenger, G. A. Third contribution to the ichthyology of Lake Tanganyika. Report on the collection of fishes made by Mr. J. E. S. Moore in Lakes Tanganyika and Kivu during his second expedition, 1899-1900. pp. 137-178 plates 12-20.
5. Brady, George Stewardson. On new or imperfectly known Ostracoda, chiefly fronm a collection in the Zoological Museum, Copenhagenn. pp. 179-210 plates 21-25.
6. Mudge, George P. On the myology of the Tongue of Parrots, with a Classification of the Order, based upon the Structure of the Tongue. pp. 211-278 plates 26-29.
7. Lankester, E. Ray. On Okapia, a new genus of Giraidlue, from central Africa. pp. 279-314 plates 30-32 (including one chromolithograph).
8. Budgett, M. A. On the Structure of the larval Polypterus. pp. 315-346 plates 33-35.
9. Degen, Edward. Ecdysis, as Morphological Evidence of the Original Tetradactyle Feathering of the Bird's Fore-limb, based especially on the Perennial Moult in Gvmnorhina tibicen.
Price: $1,000.00 AU