London: Zoological Society of London, 1885. Quarto, 97 handcoloured and uncoloured lithographic plates, some double page. Restored green half morocco, marbled endpapers, a very good copy.
The papers are:
1. Flower, William Henry. On the external characters of two species of British Dolphins (Delphinus delphis, Linn., and Delphinus tursio, Fabr.). pp. 1-6 plate 1 (chromolithograph).
2. Owen, Richard. Description of a portion of mandible and teeth of a large extinct Kangaroo (Palorchestes crassus, Ow.) from ancient fluviatile drift, Queensland. pp. 7-10 plate 2.
3. Garrod, A. H. On the brain and other parts of the Hippopotamus (H. amphibius). pp. 11-18 plates 3-4.
4. Murie, James. Further Observations on the Manatee. pp. 19-48 plates 5-9.
5. Parker, Jeffrey. On the intestinal spiral valve in the Genus Raia. pp. 49-62 plates 10-11.
6. Moore, F. On the genera and species of the Lepidopterous Subfamily Ophiderinae inhabiting
the Indian Region. pp. 63-76 plates 12-14 (chromolithographs).
7. Parker, W. K. On the structure of the skull in the Chameleons. pp. 77-106 plates 15-19.
8. Forbes, W. A. On the Male generative organs of the Sumatran Rhinoceros (Ceratorhinus sumatrensis). pp. 107-110 plate 20.
9. Watson, M. On the Anatomy of the Female Organs of the Proboscidea. pp. 111-130 plates 31-32.
10. Owen, Richard. Descriptions of some new and rare Cephalopoda (part two). pp. 131-170 plates 23-35 (including three chromolithographs)
11. Parker, W. K. On the structure and development of the skull in the Urodeles. pp. 171-214 plates 36-41.
12. Gunther, Albert. Observations on some rare reptiles and a batrachian now or lately living in the Society's Menagerie. pp. 215-222 plates 42-46 (including two chromolithographs)
13. Gunther, Albert. Description of a specimen of Schedophilus medusophagus, a fish new to the British fauna. pp. 223-224 plate 47 (chromolithograph).
14. Forbes, W. A. Notes on the external characters and natomy of the Californian Sea-lion (Otaria gillespii). pp. 225-232 plates 48-50 (two handcoloured).
15. Owen, Richard. On Dinornis (part 23): containing a description of the skeleton of Dinornis parvus, Owen. pp. 233-256 plates 51-58.
16. Owen, Richard. On Dinornis (part 24): containing a description of the head and feet, with their dried integuments, of an individual of the species Dinornis didinus, Owen. pp. 257-262 plates 59-61.
17. Parker, W. K. On the structure and development of the skull in the Crocodilia. pp. 263-310 plates 62-71.
18. Lankester, E. Ray. On the muscular and endoskeletal systems of Limulus and Scorpio; with some notes on the anatomy and generic characters of Scorpions. pp. 311-384 plates 72-83.
19. Leuthner, Franz. A monograph of the Odontolabini, a subdivision of the Coleopterous family Lucanidce. pp. 385-491 plates 84-97.
Price: $2,500.00 AU