London: Zoological Society of London, 1872. Quarto, 73 handcoloured and uncoloured lithographic plates, some double page. Contemporary green half morroco, marbled endpapers, a few spots.
Volume seven of the Transactions contains papers that were assembled to form part of Owen's Extinct and wingless birds ... plus Murie's classic papaers on the Walrus and the Sea-lion. The papers are:
1. Murie, James. On the anatomy of the Lemuroidea. pp. 1-114, plates 1-6.
2. Owen, Richard. On Dinornis (part 13): containing a description of the sternum in Diornis elephantopus and D. rheides... pp. 115-122, plates 7-9.
3. Owen, Richard. On Dinornis (part 14): containing contributions to the craniology of the genus, with a description of the fossil cranium of Dasornis loninensis ... pp. 123-1150, plates 10-16.
4. Flower, William Henry. Description of the skeleton of the Chinese White Dolphin (Delphinus sinensis, Osbeck). pp. 151-160, plates 17(large folding, linen-backed)-18.
5 Horne, Charles. Notes on the habits of some Hymenopterous insects from the north-west provinces of India. pp. 161-196, plates 19-22.
6.Finsch, Otto. On a collection of birds from north-eastern Abyssinia and the Bogos country. pp. 197-332, plates 23-23.
7. Sclater, P. L. On certain species of deer now or lately living in the Society's menagerie. pp. 333-352, plates 28-39.
8. Owen, Richard. On Dinornis (part 15): containing a description of the skull, femur, tibia, fibula, nd metatarsus of Aptornis defossor, Owen, from near Omaru, Middle Island, New Zealand ... pp. 352-380, plates 40-44.
9. Owen, Richard. On Dinornis (part 13): containing notices of the internal organs of some species, with a description of the brain and some nerves and muscles of the the head of Apteryx australis. pp. 381-396, plates 45-47.
10. Peters, W. Contributions to the knowledge of Pectinator, a genus of rodent Mammalia from north-eastern Africa. pp. 397-410 plates 48-50.
11. Murie, James. Researches upon the anatomy of the Pinnipedia, part one. On the Walrus (Trichechus rosmarus Linn.). pp. 411-464 plates 51-55.
12. Murie, James. On the Dermal and Visceral Structures of the Kagu, Sun-bittern, and Boatbill. pp. 465-492 plates 56-57.
13. Cunningham, Robert O. On some points in the anatomy of the Steamer Duck (Micropterus cinereus. ) pp. 493-502 plates 58-62.
14. Murie, James. On the female generative organs, viscera, and fleshy parts of Hyena brunnea, Thunberg. pp. 503-512 plate 63.
15. Owen, Richard. On the Dodo (part two): notes on the articulated skeleton of the Dodo (Didus ineptus, Linn.) in the British Museum. pp. 513-526 plates 64-66.
16. Murie, James. Researches upon the anatomy of the Pinnipedia, part two: descriptive anatomy of the Sea-lion (Otaria jubata). pp. 527-596 plates 67-73.
Price: $2,000.00 AU